I’ve been thinking about this list a lot and it always sort of gets put aside as Bands I Like. And today the list popped up again after I finally was able to get my hands on the new The Limousines single: Internet Killed the Video Star (iTunes Link). I keep this running playlist called Geek Chic going in iTunes on the MacBook Pro, one of the only playlists that isn’t a Smart Playlist. It is strongly influenced by the fact that I am still a Montreal Rocker, yet it’s also very very geeky. Loads of songs have technological links or the band themselves are just plain geeks.
So here is this week’s playlist. If you think I’m obviously missing out on some super geeky band like say: They Must be Giants. Comment below, reblog your own list or @reply me on Twitter @JohnnyCanuck
- Internet Killed the Video Star • The Limousines
- Superfast Jellyfish (feat. Gruff Rhys & De La Soul • Gorillaz
- Henrietta • The Fratellis
- Valerie • The Zutons
- Everyday I Love You Less And Less • Kaiser Chiefs
- Pork And Beans • Weezer
- Buck Rogers • Feeder
- One Week • Barenaked Ladies
- Dig • Incubus
- Me Plus One • Kasabian
- Crazy In Love • The Magic Numbers
- Mon Réal • Bran Van 3000
- Neighborhood #2 (Laika) • The Arcade Fire
- Ursuline • Malajube
- Help I’m Alive • Metric
- September • Pomplamoose
- Panic Switch • Silversun Pickups
- Paranoid Android • Radiohead
- Don’t Panic • Coldplay
- Code Monkey • Jonathan Coulton
- Van Halen • Nerf Herder
- Propaganda For A Comic Strip • Danielson
- Feel Good Inc. • Editors
- Get your freak on • KT Tunstall
- Your Love Alone Is Not Enough • Manic Street Preachers
- Drinking In L.A. • Bran Van 3000
- Praise You • Fatboy Slim
- Steal My Sunshine • Len
- All The Old Showstoppers • The New Pornographers
- Underdog • Audio Adrenaline
- Orange Crush • R.E.M
- Wish You Were Here • Radio Head
- Pump It Up • Elvis Costello & The Attractions
- I’m An Astronaut • Snow Patrol
- You’re So Pretty, We’re So Pretty • The Charlatans
- Caught In Her Mind (Remix) • Kasabian
- On Call Kings Of Leon • Because of the Times
- The Metal • Tenacious D
- Through The Fire And Flames • Dragonforce
Du sang neuf chez le Canadien – RDS.ca:
“Le Canadien a procédé à six nominations au sein de son personnel de soutien, mardi.
I know it’s a little early for Habs tweets but sounds to me like the Habs just signed up for the another 5 year plan. Damn
Bike parking takes over car parking spaces « Spacing Toronto: “”
Toronto bike riders can celebrate a “first” today: the City has converted two car parking spots into parking for a minimum of 16 bikes.
I hate Toronto, not just the Leafs or the Jays… I truly hate the fact that Toronto thinks it’s the center of our Great White Northern Universe. I have to agree that any efforts to improve green initiatives are good ones, but seriously: ONLY TWO parking spaces? Montreal has bike lanes, more lamp post and parking meters with special bike lock brackets. Hell we even have communal: Bixi bike à la Gay Paris and Amsterdam. Toronto set aside two fracking parking spaces for a total of 24 bikes. and all of a sudden we are supposed to forget about the G20 million dollar lake and the ensuing riots…
FUCK YOU TORONTO! You pretentious bastards.
I can’t believe I had not yet discovered this awesome photography based comic strip. As my old buddy Eric – AkA @Schultzter says:
People who read the funnies everyday live longer
What The Duck: “”
(Via What The Duck.)
My True North Strong and Free,
Did you log in yesterday expecting to see read a whole slew of National Pride inspiring Canuckisms? Well, sorry about that.
You see, I actually spent the whole day without the MacBook and only using the iPhone to coordinate meet-ups with friends and family. For the record I think it should be a crime of treason to send any kind of work email on Canada’s Birthday and yet I received 4… all of which could easily have been sent today or even Monday. Trust me, there is nothing cool about boasting that you are at work on Canada Day, the inly message that is conveyed is that you are a douche with nothing better to do then remind others who are enjoying themselves of this painfully obvious fact.
Do me a favour will you, This week-end get yourself some cold Moosehead or Moslon Canadian and sit on your deck and Chill the Phoque Out.
Google suggests that he was pretty awesome!